Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Small "lesion" on the inside of rectum

hootie_ti - Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:16 pm

The other day I was at work and i noticed a bit of discomfort in my rectal area i went home and checked it out and i had a small "lesion" type thing just on the inside of my rectum. now i feel no pain, nor have any problems with bowel movement, or bleeding. its just a little uncomfortable but most of the time i don't even feel it, also it hasnt gotten any bigger it looks like it has even shrunk a little in size but the fact it is still ther worries me . i have read all over the web about anal tumors and cancer and some of the things i read are similar to this but the side effects arent. also i do shave in that area and i know i had a small cut from it and i am wondering if that may have something to do with it, like maybe its just infected. Not to sure please help me.
Thanks.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:25 pm

User avatar Dear Hootie_ti,

This is most probably what is known as a sentinel pile which is just a skin tag present in many people at the anal verge.

It could also be a manifestation of an std like a wart.

i would recommend that you see your doctor to make sure that this is not an std.

If you don't have any risk factors for stds, you can wait till you see your doctor for the next check-up and mention it to him/her.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

hootie_ti - Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:49 pm

Well I'm not a homosexual so its definetly not an STD not to mention that I haven't been sexually active in over a year. however I have been taking some preperation H and it looks to be working very well so I'm guessing it was just a hemorroid. But I appreciate your help.