Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Green Discharge

Tucket - Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:02 pm

I have noticed that there has been a slight change in my areola, so I gave my breast a little squeeze and a dark geen , but clear liquid came out as milk would have come out when I was breast feed. Which I haven't done for over two years. I have somked on and off for approximately 16 years and spent about 14 of those on the contraceptive pill. Is this something I sould be worried about, and if so is there a chance that it could be nothing.

Tucket
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:09 pm

User avatar Green or yellow nipple discharge that appears on squeezing is common and is usually nothing to worry about. Fibrocystic changes often contain a yellow or green or greenish-black fluid as do breast cysts. If it starts occuring spontaneously or it progresses then you may need to be examined and treated for possible infection.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us