Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Sarcoma

Question: liposcarcoma

Lg867 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:01 pm

Hello, I received an antibiotic injection in my hip/buttocks area 3 months ago. It was unusually sore for a week and afterwards, I felt a lump. After 6 weeks, the lump was still there so I went to my family doctor....who told me he wanted it checked out... to rule out liposcarcoma. I saw the specialist and he said that he was 99.9% sure that it's not a liposcarcoma. So I forgot about it. It's been about 3 1/2 months and the lump is still there, however, I think it's a bit smaller. Is it possible to get cancer from an injection? Should I have this lump examined further? If it's nothing, will the lump go away? I'm 39 and female. Thank you![/b]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:53 pm

User avatar What you have experienced is an injection site reaction. This has never to my knowledge been shown to lead to any type of cancer. Chances are the lump will eventually go away, but seeing a doctor for an evaluation couldn't hurt either.

Good luck