Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Status Post Hodgkins Lymphoma (1976)

LoriLar - Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Good Afternoon,

What a valuable and helpful website you have here:-) Thank you for taking the time to read my inquiry.

I am female, age 49; status post Hodgkin's DX (Stage II A; 1976); Thyroid Cancer 2000; Breast Cancer Stage IIIA (IDC & DCIS in both breasts; 2004)- Enlarged right ovary (and CA 125 marker test (elevated) it wqas suggested I have a TAH-BSO, which I had in June 2007. There was no cancer found. I would list all my surgeries..but they are very extensive. I have not even listed my skin cancer problems..all within the radiation field for lymhoma.

No familial issues with cancer-just some autoimmune problems such as arthritis. I am on Synthroid 150 mcg per day.

Other than fatigue, I have developed a left upper lymph node mass that feels rubbery almost-around 2.5 cm. I had my SO take a look at it; and he felt it was bigger than that and feels solid.

I have contacted my ENT, who will look at it this week. Question is:

Does HD typically recur this late in post-tx?

Thank you
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:03 pm

User avatar Hello LoriLar,

I apologize for the late response. Where exactly is the lymph node? In the neck?

Typically this would not occur (recurrence this late). However, I have seen it happen in my practice and the patient was initially diagnosed in the early 80's and recurred 20 years later.

Given your very extensive history it would be important to rule out cancer from all the other possibilities as well.

Please keep this thread updated. We would all like to know what happened.