Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: 23 year old female with Lump in breast

tukker110 - Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:25 pm

I found a lump in my right breast close to the nipple a few days ago and it was about the size of a pea my breast is about a half a size bigger. A few days have past and my lump has gotten bigger to about the size of a dime. It is sore when its touched.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:51 pm

Of course I understand your concern but on the positive side, most breast lumps are not cancer, especially in a young woman such as yourself. Nevertheless, the wise thing is to have it examined by a doctor. You just don't want to take chances. Conditions besides cancer that can result in a breast lump and/or swelling include infections or abscess, cyst or non-malignant tumor such as fibroadenoma.

Good luck and please continue to do breast self-exam throughout your life.