Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: 23 year old female with Lump in breast

tukker110 - Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:25 pm

I found a lump in my right breast close to the nipple a few days ago and it was about the size of a pea my breast is about a half a size bigger. A few days have past and my lump has gotten bigger to about the size of a dime. It is sore when its touched.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:51 pm

User avatar Hello,
Of course I understand your concern but on the positive side, most breast lumps are not cancer, especially in a young woman such as yourself. Nevertheless, the wise thing is to have it examined by a doctor. You just don't want to take chances. Conditions besides cancer that can result in a breast lump and/or swelling include infections or abscess, cyst or non-malignant tumor such as fibroadenoma.

Good luck and please continue to do breast self-exam throughout your life.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us