Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Bigger lump after biopsy

mommak - Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:00 pm

I had a lump on the side of my neck. I went to get blood drawn and fna done. Blood work was normal and fna was negative. The doctor wanted to rule out everything so he did an open biopsy. (That was done a week ago) The biopsy results came back negative for hodgkins disease and other cancers. On Wednesday, the doctor took out stiches and gave me antibotics to take. (I have been on for three days now.) The lump seems to be bigger or swollen after biopsy. Is this normal?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:32 pm

User avatar Hi Mommak,

You may have some swelling and edema from the biopsy surgery. This can take several days to resolve. If it doesn't you should follow up with your doctor.