Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: lumps on chest and groin

timdi200 - Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:01 am

I have had lumps on my chest on and off for about 4 years. They are usually about the size of a quarter and are quite painful. I have also had a pretty large lump on my groin ( my upper inner thigh) for about the last year, it too is usually painful. I have tried to squeeze them and usually some pus comes out but it seems to just make them worse. I have put ice on my chest lumps but it only makes them better about 50 percent of the time. I have not gone to see a doctor and definitely do not want to as I really don't think they are that big of a deal but my wife is insistent that I go. so....?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:18 pm

User avatar Hello Timdi200,

These lumps may actually be skin infections that are developing, occasionally due to a bacteria called MRSA that is particularly good at causing skin abscesses.

I would agree with your wife that it is probably best to have these evaluated. This way a proper diagnosis can be made and treatment can be determined to help you resolve this issue.