Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Chest lump found

polo mark - Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Hello
I found a lump in my chest just behind my left nipple, I'm 15 and male, the lump is hard and about 1 cm across and is roughly a ball, I'm not sure what it is, should I go and see a docter?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:35 pm

It is very difficult to tell what this lump could be without direct clinical examination.
According to the information you have provided I can think of two possibilities for the origin of this lump either the breast or the bone.

Physiological changes during puberty may result in breast enlargement and the feeling of lump like swelling (retroareolar) in one or both breasts (gynecomastia). This occurs as a result of physiological hormonal changes and is expected to resolve in few months in the majority of males.

The second possibility is a healed fractured rib related after the trauma you previously experienced to or any other trauma.

I would advise you to follow up with your doctor and to seek direct medical consultation.

Please keep us updated.