Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Growth on right testicle..

 saltypas01 - Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:22 pm

35 y.o. male 5 years ago I discovered a small growth on my right testicle. I have never been evaluated for it. But gradually as time went it grew. On occasion it grows as large as a good size plum, in other times it will stay virtually small as a grape. There is no pain to it. Any advice would be appreciated.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:22 pm

User avatar Hi saltypas01,
Any testicular lump should be evaluated by a physician. It could very well be as simple as for example, a sebaceous cyst. Don't risk the possibility of something more serious. I am strongly encouraging you to have an evaluation by a physician. Best wishes.
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us