Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Painful Bump on Anus

jarntz - Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:37 am

I have a bump about the size of a pea in the area around my anus. it is skin colored and painful. not very painful, just painful to the touch. I wear thongs and they seem to make it more painful because they are constantly rubbing on it. What could it be?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:00 pm

User avatar Hi jarntz,
One of the conditions that comes to my mind that causes pain, itching, burning and sometimes bleeding and appears as a lump in the anal area is hemorrhoids. This is an enlargement of veins in the rectal area that become inflamed due to causative factors such as constipation, straining, pregnancy, etc. I would encourage you to have an evaluation by your physician to identify the causative factor. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 scottyj55 - Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Ok i have the same thing except, I didnt go bathroom, its the size of a grape, its hard and has a black spot almost looks like a rotten grape, i know you can sometimes push hemmroids in but this thing will not budge pretty hard, i don't know what it is, no blood, it hurts pretty bad

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us