Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Bleeding from anus

19xxxLuLuxxx89 - Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:55 pm

Hiya, im a 19 year old female. For almost a year now i have had small amonts of bright red blood on the toilet tissue and in the toilet after having a bowell movement. I have also noticed that there are these bulging red veins when i strain for a bowell movement. Also my anal opening swells all the way round when straining for a bowell movement and is blue in colour there also appears to be a few tears on the opening too. Please could you tell me what this is? I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctor and am really scared i have colan cancer. Lucia.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:57 am

User avatar Hi there!

If you are bleeding you should be checked. It could be just hemorrhoids or the presence of bleeding could be a manifestation of something more serious. There is no way to tell without a clinical examination. You really shouldn't be embarrassed. It could be something nasty and when a doctor examines you its because he knows the possibilities and wants to rule them out.

Good luck and please keep us updated.