Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Purplish sac of grapelike things formed on opening of Anus

Dave456 - Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:46 pm

I have had this for what seemed for a while and I always had thought it was a sort of flap for the anus so that the anus opening could be covered all the time.

Recently however I suspect otherwise. It is part of the rim of the opening of the anus and is purple in color with a what seems like veins and a darker purple color concentrated on a spot on it. When I touch it it feels and I can see inside it many small round objects are inside it. Looks like a weird bundle of very close grapes.....After some research it sounds to me like a have some sort of external hemorrhoid. I have tried pushing it in but seeing as it is part of the rim opening to the anus it does not work fully. Also just pushing it in strikes pain.

I have a diet of whole wheat bread every day with fresh fruits and I just ate some beans after having read that beans help. I plan on doing a sitz or whatever it is called and was just wondering if this is really what I have or something else? And if it is will it go away in time by natural means or will it have to be surgically taken away? I fear the latter part because I would really hope for it to gradually go away in time.
 Dave456 - Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:40 pm

Well after a day it dramatically shrinked in size but is still there but much lighter in color.

It does not hurt and it for the majority inside the anus just acts like a cover for it since its still big enough to cover.