Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Purplish sac of grapelike things formed on opening of Anus

Dave456 - Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:46 pm

I have had this for what seemed for a while and I always had thought it was a sort of flap for the anus so that the anus opening could be covered all the time.

Recently however I suspect otherwise. It is part of the rim of the opening of the anus and is purple in color with a what seems like veins and a darker purple color concentrated on a spot on it. When I touch it it feels and I can see inside it many small round objects are inside it. Looks like a weird bundle of very close grapes.....After some research it sounds to me like a have some sort of external hemorrhoid. I have tried pushing it in but seeing as it is part of the rim opening to the anus it does not work fully. Also just pushing it in strikes pain.

I have a diet of whole wheat bread every day with fresh fruits and I just ate some beans after having read that beans help. I plan on doing a sitz or whatever it is called and was just wondering if this is really what I have or something else? And if it is will it go away in time by natural means or will it have to be surgically taken away? I fear the latter part because I would really hope for it to gradually go away in time.
 Dave456 - Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:40 pm

Well after a day it dramatically shrinked in size but is still there but much lighter in color.

It does not hurt and it for the majority inside the anus just acts like a cover for it since its still big enough to cover.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us