Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Pain in right testicle.

 dazz068 - Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:12 am

I am 39 years of age and is experiencing pain in my right testicle,groin area and very sore around my right nipple area (a lot of pain around my nipple but only when I touch the area),what do you think is causing this and what should I do? I am not keen on the idea of doctors touching me around my private areas.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:36 am

User avatar Hello,

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, however, Pain in the testicle and in the nipple makes exclusion of endocrine causes essential.

Endocrine causes could be due to a transient problem or chronic conditions like regular exogenous hormone intake, increased serum estrogen, or decreased testosterone production. Conditions associated with hormonal level changes include certain testicular tumors, endocrine gland disorders and some genetic abnormalities.

These chronic conditions however, are mostly associated with hypertrophy of breast tissue, chest adipose tissue and skin causing what is known as gynaecomastia (breast enlargement in males).

Other causes of testicular pain include: infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion and trauma or surgery. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

A direct physical examination is very important and investigations include US on testicles and evaluation of hormone levels in the blood.

I would advise you to follow up with your doctor and to seek direct medical consultation.

Hope you find this information useful
please keep us updated.
 uzair - Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:29 pm

i too feel some pain in my Right testicle but before the pain started i had some swolleness above my scrotum wat it cud be??
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:59 pm

User avatar Hello,
It would be more helpful if you can provide us more information about your personal history and medical history (sexual activity, any associated symptoms like pain, past medical history etc).

To remind you with the main causes of complaint like yours which you can discuss with your doctor are:
infections such as epididymitis or orchitis,
varicocele and hydrocele,
an inguinal hernia,
pelvic congestion
and trauma.
Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal problems.

I would advise you to follow up with your doctor as clinical examination is very essential for proper managment.

Please keep us updated.
Best regards.
 uzair - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm

i hardly masturebate nothing more than that..

the swolleness i told u, i discovered during my exams!!
the energy was out so it was very hot on that night. found the swollen area that night. so i first thought that it is a rash but since it didnt vanish i grew a bit more anxious. at first i was not experiencing the pain in my testicle but than i heard about testicle cancer so i got worroied n from that day i hav been feeling some pain. is is psychological that am feeling the pain cause sometime the pain just vanish. its like i feel pain for 3 hours maximum a day!!

and please tell wat do u mean by trauma

thank u
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:57 pm

User avatar It is important to have this swollen, tender right testicle evaluated by a physician. The consequence of not taking care of this could be dismal.

If nothing else, have an ultrasound done on the testicle to rule out cancer.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us