Forum Name: Cancer of Unknown Primary

Question: Lump on inner thigh

drew0076 - Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:27 pm

I am a 32 year old male that noticed a small marble sized lump close to where my thigh meets my groin. (it is located on my thigh side) I noticed this lump about 2 weeks ago and have been watching it. It appears to have grown enough to notice a size difference. It is not painful. any suggestions?
I did see that a 25 year old male had two lumps on the inner thigh, but I do not believe that we are discussing the same issue.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:51 pm

It is probably a lymph node (inguinal) as it occurs in a lymph node region. Inguinal nodes are usually considered abnormal when larger than 1.5 cm.

Common causes of enlargement include infections in the area drained by this lymph node like the leg or foot, genitourinary or the lower part of the abdominal wall. Following recovery from infection or inflammation nodes regress in size but never to their normal size thus remain palpable.

Clinical examination is essential to define the characters of this swelling and the need for further evaluation by investigations. So, I advise you to follow up with your doctor.

Please keep us updated.