Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: sore left testical with a bluish lump

jasonesmith - Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:21 pm

i noticed about 1 month ago, a bluish , greenish lump on my left testical. it has become more painful with time. it sems to hurt where the tube comes out of it, also now with a bruised appearance. my testical seems to hurt quite often now, along with a pain in my abdomen on the left side of my bladder. i would liken the pain to the same as a minuite or two after getting hit in the groin
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 pm

User avatar Hello -

You may have an inflammation of the epididymis or you may have suffered a torsion problem (turning over of the testicle so that the epididymis and/or vein become twisted or kinked, resulting in discoloration, pain, abdominal referred pain, etc.). It definitely should be examined by a doctor, preferably a urologist, but at least some sort of doctor. My guess may not be correct, but something is clearly wrong and is not correcting itself, which things usually don't anyway. I hope you'll get this checked soon, if only to get some relief from the discomfort.

Best of luck to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us