Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Lump behind the head and migrane gets worst

 apryl_23 - Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 pm

I am not sure if my mom has a brain tumor..
but from the symptoms she's having it seems like
she does.
What she has
lump in the back of her head
always has a migrane or a headache
Back pain
Numbness in the face
Can't eat sometimes
She passed out already
she has bruises around her body(from nowhere)

I don't know what she has. She still haven't gone to the
doctor because she's scared.But I need to know what she has.
Please tell me!THaNK YOU
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:42 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is difficult to tell the nature of this lump from what you described. However, it is quite clear that she has neurological symptoms suggestive of nerve compression.

This lump could cause some compression symptoms similar to what you have mentioned. It could be a subcutaneous or bone related swelling and only direct clinical examination can guide us to further confirm its nature.

But it is less likely to think of brain tumors since brain tumors are not externally apparent as you described and usually manifest with:
- Nonspecific symptoms like headache, nausea and vomiting.
- Specific signs and symptoms are usually related to the location of the tumor.
Brain tumors can be seen by CT scan or MRI of the brain.

She also has bruises which suggest bleeding tendency that might be unrelated to this lump or indirectly related through the excess use of analgesics for example.

I understand your worry and I advise you to convince her go for direct medical consultation.

Please keep us updated.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us