Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: right testicle "up"

autotrenz - Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:10 am

My right testicle is "up" is more tender than it is pain. I believe it happened when I was working, wearing tight pants and bent over, putting pressure on the testicle.. it has been this way for 2 days. no abnormal lumps or swelling and no blood in fluids.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:38 pm

User avatar Hello,

In general the pulling up reflex (cremastric) is normal physiological reflex and generaly declines with age.
This is usually a protective mechanism for example when the testicle expose to cold temperature, however both testicles usually go up.

It could be possible that there was a sort of friction or mild trauma that caused this effect however, it is not usual to remain for some time as you described.

So, I advise you to follow up with your doctor. Direct clinical examination is essential to exclude any other conditions that may need intervention.
Please keep us updated.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us