Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Cancer of Unknown Primary

Question: I have an unknown lump in my lower back area..

lll6 - Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 pm

Im a 17 year old female and I have a solid lump under the skin that I can roll around. Its kind of painful when I apply pressure and its located on my low low low back in the upper area of my "gluteal cleft" right by my spine/tailbone. I think there may actually be another one in the same area right next to the first one but its tiny and im not 100% positive..what should I do? is it something bad??
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:55 am

User avatar Hi,

There's really no way to tell without a physical examination. It could be just a bony prominence which is normal and you just noticed it recently.

I would suggest a visit to your doctor to have it checked.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us