Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Cancer of Unknown Primary

Question: I have an unknown lump in my lower back area..

lll6 - Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 pm

Im a 17 year old female and I have a solid lump under the skin that I can roll around. Its kind of painful when I apply pressure and its located on my low low low back in the upper area of my "gluteal cleft" right by my spine/tailbone. I think there may actually be another one in the same area right next to the first one but its tiny and im not 100% positive..what should I do? is it something bad??
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:55 am

There's really no way to tell without a physical examination. It could be just a bony prominence which is normal and you just noticed it recently.

I would suggest a visit to your doctor to have it checked.