Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: hard lump under my nipple area

helpme! - Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:32 pm

I am 16 years of age and i feel a sort of lump under my nipple. It's semi hard but doesn't hurt that much. Only when i press it like other muscle's. But i find it disturbing and unatractive. I am a little overweight not much. But i play sports and train allot. I thought at first it was just fat, but i did do chest workouts and tried diets but it stayed there. It gives my chest a curve to the outside which is annoying and visible trough tin shirts. My question is WHAT IS IT & HOW DO I GET RID OF IT? Also it can move around, like when i push a little to the side of it i can feel it move.

Ps. It's been there for a few years now.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:16 pm

User avatar Hi there,
Is this present in both breasts or just in one of the breasts? If this is bilateral and symmetrical it could very well be a normal component of your breast and require no further interference on your part. I am unable to assess the condition of course but has wearing a bra helped?

If it is unilateral then one possibility is a fibroadenoma (a benign tumor) which is very common and tends to move around in the breast. Depending on the doctor's assessment it may require surgery.

Either way, you need to be checked by a doctor.