Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: Sharp pain when I don't go to the bathroom & bladder urgency

merik - Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:49 pm

This has been going on all month so I assume that means it's just not going away until I go to the doctor soon. But I have no idea what is wrong with me! Lately when I have to pee or poop I have to go RIGHT then or else it's very uncomfortable. When I hold the poop in, say I'm in the car or something and am not home yet I will get either a cramp like feeling of abdominal pain or if I have to go realllly bad I will get a sharp pain so bad it could make someone cry! And along with this came bladder urgency. Once again I have to go when I have to go even when there is hardly any pee sometimes its a lot sometimes little. I can sleep for my normal amount of hours but as soon as I wake up I got to go right then! It's like I have no control of my bottom half anymore. It controls me now.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:56 pm

User avatar Hi there,
The bladder urgency could be a UTI especially if you have a past history of UTI. On the other hand your stool symptoms are concerning. I would urge you to pay a visit to your doctor It would be important to exclude inflammatory bowel disease among other causes.

Please keep this thread updated.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us