Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: Sharp pain when I don't go to the bathroom & bladder urgency

merik - Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:49 pm

This has been going on all month so I assume that means it's just not going away until I go to the doctor soon. But I have no idea what is wrong with me! Lately when I have to pee or poop I have to go RIGHT then or else it's very uncomfortable. When I hold the poop in, say I'm in the car or something and am not home yet I will get either a cramp like feeling of abdominal pain or if I have to go realllly bad I will get a sharp pain so bad it could make someone cry! And along with this came bladder urgency. Once again I have to go when I have to go even when there is hardly any pee sometimes its a lot sometimes little. I can sleep for my normal amount of hours but as soon as I wake up I got to go right then! It's like I have no control of my bottom half anymore. It controls me now.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:56 pm

User avatar Hi there,
The bladder urgency could be a UTI especially if you have a past history of UTI. On the other hand your stool symptoms are concerning. I would urge you to pay a visit to your doctor It would be important to exclude inflammatory bowel disease among other causes.

Please keep this thread updated.