Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Vertigo, how long does it last?

ordinarymom - Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:43 pm

I have been suffering from what the doctor called Begnign Positional Vertigo for 5 weeks now. Sometimes it is attacks of just dizzyness, and sometimes it can knock me out for the whole day. I have been suffering from headaches that are only relieved when I vomit and some spontanious vomiting ( no warning) I always feel fatigue when the attacks are at there worst. I would like to know how long does this last, could there be something more that is wrong?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:05 pm

User avatar Hello,

Regarding the duration of symptoms, that would be a hard question to answer.

Is your headache positional as well? What I mean is it more severe on stooping forwards? Do you have blurring of vision when it happens? Do you have a fever? Recent trauma to the head?

If symptoms persist, at one stage your doctor may consider a CT/MRI of the brain just to make sure there's nothing to worry about.

You should report your symptoms to your doctor right away.
Please keep us updated.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us