Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen Lymph nodes behind ear after eating

Adrian1975 - Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:21 am

I have just had a blood test recently and found out I have a high White cell count of 11.9 when the max range is about 11. I have also had my lymph nodes behind my ear and in the back and in front of my right ear swell up. I also recently got my hair bleached blonde in which caused a reaction to my scalp. now it seems when i consume any amount of food, my lymph glands behind my ears start to swell up and then they go down a little, but accompanying the swelling, my neck feels very sore and tender. i am a little worried about myself

Adrian.
 beebopalooza - Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 pm

I have had very bad reactions to hair dyes. The commercial brands contain ppd which causes sensitivity in some. i used to dye my hair about every 2 months without problems but about 2 yrs ago i started getting itchy rashes around my ears and down my back. Well im not 40 and have more gray hair then my mother so i continued to dye my hair trying several different brands ..all the same reaction only each time i dyed my hair the reactions got worse the nodes behind my ears and all over my neck started swelling and would stay swollen i started wheezing stomach and gut problems. i had to quit using the hair dyes (3 months ago). i have since switched to all natural dyes ( henna and indigo) and my swollen glands have noticeably shrank. these hair dyes are horrible for your body. ppd is the same ingredient they use in black henna ( no such thing as natural black henna)but several ppl have had reactions matter of fact i think ppds are illegal in several other countries.

anyway i guess my point is it is entirely possible your nodes are swollen because of the irritation on your scalp and i strongly suggest you avoid using any type of hair dye because once you have a reaction ALL subsequent reactions get worse i think its what they call a type 2 sensitivity ppds have even been linked to cancer they are HORRIBLE for your body...