Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: tender lump under male nipple (i'm 14)

 Drago18 - Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 am

Hello i am age 14 turning 15 soon i have had a lump under my left nipple for about 2 months i went to two doctors and each said it was from hormons. it started on my right went away and apperied on my left and has seemed to stay there. the doctor said it would be a couple months befor it went away. if i mess with it sometimes becomes tender to the sometimes when i get excited or scared,nervouse, or my adrenalin kicks in (even when im cold sometimes) it will sometimes grow in size but then srink back down after i have calmed down. but i'm still scared it might be cancer i know that it is rare but still i am scared. i don't belive there is a history of breast cancer in my family so yeah.i have squeezed it once befor ih hurt but it looked like clear liquid was coming of pours on my nipple and i had to squeeze it pretty hard so just want to know if that was normal and should i get any test done.

Thank you to all who responed to this hopefully you guys can calm my nervous a little bit.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello, Drago18,

Since the lump has not gone away and has some unusual properties, such as emitting fluid when squeezed and expanding when you are stressed, you need to return to your doctors and insist that it be evaluated further. If your parents are not involved, then get them involved in insisting on further evaluation. Your situation is not "normal", but does not automatically mean cancer. If your doctors refuse to evaluate it further, seek another opinion. Good luck to you.

Faye, RN, MSW

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us