Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: a lump find on the inside and outside of breast

kkmom - Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:40 pm

I found a lump on my breast today in the shower, I think. When I got out to look at it, it looks like a really large pimle without a head, but it is large under the skin too. It is really red, warm and sore. Should I be concerned now, should I wait and see? I am 34 years old, the only know breast cancer in my family is two great aunts.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Any woman who suspects a breast lump should be examined right away. Please note that even physical examination by a trained physician is not conclusive and many doctors request a mammogram in addition to the exam to be sure.

A painless lump discovered while a woman is showering is a classic presentation of breast cancer. That doesn't mean that you should be alarmed but you should understand the importance of getting checked.

Breast cancer is not the only cause of a breast lump but its surely the most dangerous and should be excluded right away.

My best to you,