Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: testicular pain and swelling in testicle

 chris33 - Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:01 am

Hi, Im a little worried im 21 and my right testicle has grown in size over the past few months, i cant feel any lumps, and upon going to the doctors they found no lumps either and told me it was nothing. Ive had this for about a year and a half. i keep getting pain only in my right testicle, sometimes its a sharp pain others its more of a dull ache. i also worry because the amount of seamen i produce seems quite low, and can be quite clear in colour..
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 pm

User avatar Hello --

Normally the opacity and amount of semen wouldn't be much of a consideration, but since it seems to mark a change consistent with the appearance of this enlarged and tender testicle, I'm a little skeptical about the "nothing" finding, because. I would think at the least your doctor would want to explore what might be causing this. They complaint could be normal, but it also could be caused by a spermatic cyst, hydrocele, orchitis, and a number of other, mostly quite benign but nonetheless annoying problems which can be treated to minimize the discomfort.

I'd be more aggressive and let the doctor know this is not only uncomfortable but also worrisome, and seek either additional reassurance or further study, whichever seems appropriate. It may well be a nothing, but if it's causing symptoms and is a worry, it deserves further attention.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Please follow up with us as needed.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us