Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: persistant nausea and large amount of rectal bleeding

reneckgirl32 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:14 pm

I have been having persistent nausea for over a month now, I have had a pregnancy test done, it was negative. I had a tubal last year. I am also experiencing a severe amount of pelvic pressure that comes and goes, and a few days ago I had a bowl movement and when I wiped there was a large amount of dark blood on the tissue and also in the stool. should I be concerned. My bowl movement are mostly loose ribbon shapped, and often dark and tar like.
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:28 pm

IF you are noticing visible blood in your stool you need to be seen by a doctor without question. With it appearing dark, like old blood that would usually indicate blood from higher up in the gi tract like your stomach or small bowel. That could account for your nausea also. Many over the counter medications can make these problems worse, nsaids like ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin. I hope you take my advice and see your health care provider.