Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Multiple Pigmented Nevi? around anus

cnelson5266 - Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:52 pm

I am a 45 yo female (perimenopausal) and have recently noticed several dark flat pigmented lesions in the area around the vulva and then perhaps >50 small (1 mm - 4mm) around my anus. After reading everything on the internet - I am really scared. There does not seem to be much information related to this. I had a dysplstic mole removed from my vulva about 17 years ago - I don't remember if these were there. I only found the perianal ones when looking at a hemorrohoid that has prolapsed. Please advise if you've ever heard of anything like this ... Thank you in advance.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 pm

User avatar Hello,From what you mention these pigmentations represent multiple lentigenes which are not of a serious nature.Your past history of schwannoma removal makes me think of some devolopmental defect as a common factor.Do you have the old biopy report?Do show the skin to your dermatologist early just to make sure.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us