Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Non Healing Breast Wound

happygrump - Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 am

Age 37
Female
Fibrous breasts

I had a dry patch of skin the size of a nickle on the side of my left breast. Soon after noticing the dry scaly skin area, a sore quickly developed. It turned dark red, has a center, and does not heal. It has been a three weeks now. It seems to start to heal and even sheds a scab, but instead goes through a cycle of open wound/scab over and over. It does not hurt.

It's appearance: Dark red circular wound with a center that is sometimes an open hole. Sometimes in the open hole it has white "goey" skin that I try to take out, but it is firmly attached. Dry scaling skin around the "wound". No obvious lump under it.

What could it be? What should I do?
 Jan PA-C MPH - Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Dear happygrump;

Sorry for the marked delay in this response, given the amount of time that has elapsed, is there anything further that we can help you with understanding? I hope all has gone well with your treatment.
Kind regards,
Jan
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:56 am

User avatar Hi happygrump,
It would be diffcult to hazard a guess as what it could be without examining you clinically.I would suggest that you should consult a surgeon or a dermatologist first. In all likelyhood,it will need to be biopsied.How is it now by the way? I hope you are fine by now.