Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: pain under armpit and side of breast

tulip18 - Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:23 pm

ive been getting pain for about the past month every now and then under my armpit and left side of my breast.... i don't know what its from. i don't know exactly what to look for in a breast exam either.
 Kirsty_Oz - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:34 am

does the pain occur occasionally or after any activity using your arms?
after a month of recurring pain and no noticeable trigger, maybe you should just see your GP for a check up. it is better to have it assessed professionally, who knows, it could be a muscle strain and something such as stretches or techique could help!
 splume - Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:45 pm

I have had the same experience before myself... but I have always just tied it back to part of pms... if this is incorrect... I'd be very interesed in hearing what other people say about it
 Ms. Theebow - Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:56 am

I have these under arm pain like a burning under each arm pit and a thobbing going down each arm, sometimes going up my neck. this started after my period. Could someone tell what it could be.
 nolagirl412 - Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

I am a 27 year old female and had this same pain for about a month. I didn't know what it was and couldn't get an appointment with my doctor for a while. I started researching this pain on the internet and found a lot of websites that said that it could be stress related. Then I realized that I had been pretty stressed since the beginning of the month so I decided to take a few days off to "get away from it all". Now that my body is relaxed, the tenderness seems to have gone away. I've also been wearing a bra a lot less and that may be contributing to the pain going away. I hope this helps!