Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: pain under armpit and side of breast

tulip18 - Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:23 pm

ive been getting pain for about the past month every now and then under my armpit and left side of my breast.... i don't know what its from. i don't know exactly what to look for in a breast exam either.
 Kirsty_Oz - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:34 am

does the pain occur occasionally or after any activity using your arms?
after a month of recurring pain and no noticeable trigger, maybe you should just see your GP for a check up. it is better to have it assessed professionally, who knows, it could be a muscle strain and something such as stretches or techique could help!
 splume - Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:45 pm

I have had the same experience before myself... but I have always just tied it back to part of pms... if this is incorrect... I'd be very interesed in hearing what other people say about it
 Ms. Theebow - Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:56 am

I have these under arm pain like a burning under each arm pit and a thobbing going down each arm, sometimes going up my neck. this started after my period. Could someone tell what it could be.
 nolagirl412 - Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

I am a 27 year old female and had this same pain for about a month. I didn't know what it was and couldn't get an appointment with my doctor for a while. I started researching this pain on the internet and found a lot of websites that said that it could be stress related. Then I realized that I had been pretty stressed since the beginning of the month so I decided to take a few days off to "get away from it all". Now that my body is relaxed, the tenderness seems to have gone away. I've also been wearing a bra a lot less and that may be contributing to the pain going away. I hope this helps!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us