Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: how to tell whether i have skin cancer or just a spot

dreww0101 - Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 am

I am 20 and have developed a red spot which is smaller than a marble and sticks out a tiny bit ( probably about a milimeter) it has a tiny scab and if i pick it it showed a pin prick of blood. It is slightly itchy but only if i think about it, its not very very itchy. if i squeeze it no puss comes out of it.

It is approaching 2 weeks since i have had it now and it has not changed at all. Should I be worried? All the sites I have read about skin cancer say that if a lump has been there for 4 weeks without healing.

So i guess im asking do my symtoms sound like skin cancer? If not what should I be looking out for?

I am very paraniod as i went on the sunbeds about 3 weeks ago... And i regret it and know it was a mistake. At the time I just thought 5 minutes in a sunbed can't be much worse than a day in the sun in Greece... How true is this?

Many Thanks for any help,
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:02 am

User avatar Hello,What you mention is mostly a small granuloma an would have disappeared by now.If it persists do show your doctor for further evaluation.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us