Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: how to tell whether i have skin cancer or just a spot

dreww0101 - Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 am

I am 20 and have developed a red spot which is smaller than a marble and sticks out a tiny bit ( probably about a milimeter) it has a tiny scab and if i pick it it showed a pin prick of blood. It is slightly itchy but only if i think about it, its not very very itchy. if i squeeze it no puss comes out of it.

It is approaching 2 weeks since i have had it now and it has not changed at all. Should I be worried? All the sites I have read about skin cancer say that if a lump has been there for 4 weeks without healing.

So i guess im asking do my symtoms sound like skin cancer? If not what should I be looking out for?

I am very paraniod as i went on the sunbeds about 3 weeks ago... And i regret it and know it was a mistake. At the time I just thought 5 minutes in a sunbed can't be much worse than a day in the sun in Greece... How true is this?

Many Thanks for any help,
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:02 am

User avatar Hello,What you mention is mostly a small granuloma an would have disappeared by now.If it persists do show your doctor for further evaluation.