Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Im a guy and I have this lump on my nipple

typeL - Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Hello
I have a small situation
im a guy and me and my dad were trying to push each other past a certain line to see who was stronger, we were shuving each other without using each others hands so our shoulders and chest were doing all the pushing.
Then my dad backed up and charged at me hitting my nippel hard it stung alot and i had to stop and its been like a month and my nippel still hurts
it feels like i could feel a lump on that nippel
unlike the other.
If I push down on it it hurts much like a soar muscle.
I don't see any sign of discharge or crust on the nipple.
I appreciate any advise and thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:22 am

User avatar Hi typeL,
Unfortunately,you have not mentioned your age as well as the duration of your problem.
In men, the breasts are rudimentary and present as small, rounded and flat discs under the areolae.Unlike in women,there is very little fatty tissue around the breasts (except in the elderly, where one may develop gynecomastia) and they sit right on the pectoralis major muscles.Thus the discs and nipples are more prone to injuries.
your injury was perhaps significant enough to result in a post traumatic inflammation in the breast disc and nipple.This should be expected to sponteneously get better in due course.NSAIDs may be useful in the initial few days.Cheers!