Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: rash on breasts and feverish

pj000 - Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:33 pm

i have felt like i have a fever for a week now, its very strange because i've taken my temp and i don't have a fever. I've been tired this whole week. I don't feel like it has anything to do with my diet, i eat fine. I havent taken anything for this "fever". I don’t have any cold symptoms, no runny nose, no cough, no body aches. Also about a month ago I noticed a rash on one of my breasts and then a week later or so I noticed another one on my other breast, they itch occationaly, brownish in color .i wasn’t concerned I thought it would clear up on its own, it hasn’t.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue May 26, 2009 5:21 am

User avatar Hello,

It would be impossible to know what the cause of your fever is without a direct medical exam. The fever and the breast rash/eczema could be linked depending on the degree of inflammation in the breast. Your doctor may order a mammogram and put you on an empiric antibiotic for a couple of weeks depending on your exam.

Please keep us updated.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us