Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: alcohol induced pain

tami2000 - Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm

I have had this pain for about a year or more . About 5 minutes after I take a drink of alcohol I get a severe pain in the back of my neck and now my collar bone as well That will last for hours. Every time I look it up All I can find is hodgkin's lymphoma. So I told my doctor and he laughted and said maybe I shouldnt drink, So I showed him a case report that I printed out and he ordered a complete blood count, It came back normal . But I keep reading that it might still come back normal and you can still have cancer. Is that right? What should I do? Thank-you for taking your time to answer my question.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:48 am

The charecteristic alcohol induced pain in lymphomas occurs in the enlarged lymph nodes.
Alcohol induced pain in other areas has been reported sporadically.
Therefore, although your neck pain my be related to alcohol, it is not in relation to enlarged lymph nodes, therefore, you need not worry excessively about lymphomas.