Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: 2cm lump in my right breast

bumblebee132 - Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:57 pm

hi, i realised there is a 2cm lump in my right breast. it is at the bottom of my nipple. my nipple has not change colour and it is not painful either and i am getting a breast scan this coming monday. however, i wonder if a lump at the bottom of nipple could be cancerous as i read a few articles saying that cancer normally occurs with lump near armpits. i m very worried as i m just 22 this year. what could that be? thanks
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Any lump in the breast should be evaluated thoroughly.

This will be usually be done by what is known as "Triple assessment" - the components of which are as follows...
- clinical breast examination
- imaging of the breast and
- a biopsy of the suspected lesion.
Although, breast masses are generally more common in the upper,outer quadrant of the breast(near the arm pit), lumps anywhere in the breast need careful scrutiny.
Good day!