Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Slight pain in the right testicle while any movement.

 xerxeS1 - Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:05 am


During past days i have been experiencing a slight pain in the right testicle , while walking or even touching. Is this a thing to worry , if it is so please mention a remedy for it.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:51 am

User avatar Hello,I do not think you have anything more than a minor trauma induced orchitis.Mumps,a viral condition could induce pain and swelling but generally associated with rash.Sexually transmitted diseases like gonococcal urethritis do involve the testis but there are symptoms like discharge.Testicular torsion is acute and very painful and a medical emergency.Cold compresses help in mild orchitis.Bedrest and antibiotics when indicated.Analgesics like paracetamol would relieve pain.Do consult if this persists or you have an exposure to STD.Bestwishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us