Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: extremely worried and live in a reclusive area

kousman - Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello doctor, I am 30 year old man who recently noticed a hard painful inside the skin lump jsut under neat my scrotum. Since my notice i cant sleep and stop touching. When i roll my hand over it, it is painful and when i tried to squeeze it nothing comes off. I don't think its a pimple since i cant see a head and the lump is under my skin. Now I was wondering if it was skin cancer or something else even tough i read somewhere else that cancer lump are not painful. Is it true?

My second question and equally important is in regards to the nature of cancer lump. Now if I decided to wait before i could see a doctor in the city and the lump goes away, will it still be consider a cancer treat or not? In other words, doctor, does cancer lump goes away after ew days or does it stay longer and gets bigger? will a lunmp that gets smaller and goes away consider a cancer threat or not? to be more clear is that i was wondering if this lump goes away on his won after few days do i have to still be worried about it? the reason im asking you this is to be able to have a certain idea of my situation because if cancer lumps does not go away that easily and gets bigger then I will have better state of mind till my next doctor visit.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 pm

User avatar Hello,Cancer lumps do not go away and come back.Their nature is to grow and rarest of the rare disappear.What you have possibly is a sebaceous cyst or a folliculitis if it is just below the scrotal skin.If it is deeper may be an inflammation of epidiydymis just above the testis.All these can be tackle easily with antibiotic.Minor injuries due to cycling etc can leave behind blood collection in small areas known by name hematoma and it would reduce slowly.So do visit your doctor and do not worry.Best wishes.