Doctors Lounge - Oncology AnswersBack to Oncology Answers List
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.
Date of last update: 10/21/2017.
Forum Name: Brain Tumors
|NeedHelpscared - Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:40 pm||
Hi, I was wondering first off, can cancer of one body part spread to be a brain tumor? Okay secondly, I have had some symptoms lately.
1. Chest/Throat/Head pain when breathing deeply in. If I take a deep breath in, I get a sharp, odd pain in my throat, top of chest, and top of head. It kind of makes me feel woozy afterwards.
2. Double Vision. I have had an eye injury in my right eye that left me with 20/400 vision, so I became less dependant on that eye. I had double vision, but in the past week, it seems to have moved farther away from where it used to show up.
3. Blurry Vision. I have to blink a few times every minute or more to keep my eyes crystal sharp, so I don't know if blurry vision means all the time blurry or just temporary.
4. Top of head pain. I have a pressure type feeling on the top of my head, it feels like there is a gas inside wanting to be let out. It feels similar to throat pain when you feel something is in your throat, and you burp, it comes out.
5. Temperature changes in feet. I can feel my feet become warmer, like liquid suddenly becomes warm, then can change to cold.
6. Static/Grainy vision. If I look at a blank white wall, I can see tons of VERY VERY little grains moving around or kind of blinking.
7. When standing up after laying down, I kind of black out my eyes, they turn all sorts of colors and dots appear, then when I am fully balanced, I become fine. I also lose balance while this is happening.
History: I have been known to have ear infections more often than the regular person. I also have had "chronic" clogged up sinuses, they come and go, mainly once a month. I usually take Allegra-D.
I also read that blurry vision and poor circulation of the feet might be a diabetes thing. I am not sure if I have poor circulation, but I would like to figure out what is wrong.
I sit at the computer a lot of the day, infront of a screen maybe 2 hours at a time maybe 3 times a day?
I am Sixteen years old, and a Male.
I am very worried that this can be a tumor, please help me out. And if you do not think it is, please point me into the right direction. I think about all these things ALL day, and feel like my life will be shortened. I am scared, this is no secret. I thank you very much,
|Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:53 pm||
I am a medical oncologist. Your symptoms are too non-specific for you to be worried about cancer. Cancer in the brain will usually present either with focal neurological symptoms (e.g. paralysis) or with severe headache, continuous blurring of vision, new squint (not the same squint exaggerated as in your case), vomiting. Please remember that I cannot evaluate your case or rule out something as serious as cancer over a message board. I feel that your symptoms are in line with neurosis but if you feel that you have something more serious please get an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.