Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers
"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."
Forum Name: Brain Tumors
Question: pineal gland tumour
|M.Z.AL QUDAH - Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 am||
iam a patient of pineal gland tumour 24yr.i done the biopsy and the result was germinoma..so because of my severe hydrocephalus during the biopsy my dr done for me 3rd ventriculostomy....now i need to use the gamma knife is it possible?
please guide me.
|Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:58 am||
Hi M.Z.AL QUDAH,
It would have been very helpful if you had included the following details.
- when was the diagnosis made?
- since when you have been symptomatic and what are your symptoms?
- MRI features of the tumor,
- did the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) cytology show tumor seeding?
- when were the biopsy and third ventriculostomy performed?
- what was the exact histologic type?
- what kind of management you went through ( radiotherapy/chemotherapy)?, and
- what has been the response to the treatment? (tumor size, your symptoms etc).
Without these details, i am afraid, i can not answer your question adequately.
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.