Doctors Lounge - Oncology AnswersBack to Oncology Answers List
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.
Date of last update: 10/21/2017.
Forum Name: Brain Tumors
Question: pineal gland tumour
|M.Z.AL QUDAH - Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 am||
iam a patient of pineal gland tumour 24yr.i done the biopsy and the result was germinoma..so because of my severe hydrocephalus during the biopsy my dr done for me 3rd ventriculostomy....now i need to use the gamma knife is it possible?
please guide me.
|Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:58 am||
Hi M.Z.AL QUDAH,
It would have been very helpful if you had included the following details.
- when was the diagnosis made?
- since when you have been symptomatic and what are your symptoms?
- MRI features of the tumor,
- did the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) cytology show tumor seeding?
- when were the biopsy and third ventriculostomy performed?
- what was the exact histologic type?
- what kind of management you went through ( radiotherapy/chemotherapy)?, and
- what has been the response to the treatment? (tumor size, your symptoms etc).
Without these details, i am afraid, i can not answer your question adequately.
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.