Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Pain in left breast & lump behind left ear!!

*Scared* - Fri May 13, 2005 12:19 am

I have pain in the left breast but no noticable lumps, my breasts are very small so I can easily confuse glands with lumps so I am not 100% sure. Sometimes I feel a lump directly where the pain is and sometimes I have trouble finding it. I have had this symptom for about a week. The pain is localized and on the underside of my breast half way between the middle of my breast and the outer edge.

I have a lump behind my left ear surrounded by an unusual onset of painful pimples (I have never broken out in this area). I noticed the pimples first around 2 weeks ago - The pimples brought the lump to my attention so I don't know how long it has been there. The lump is hard & not painful. It does not move easily. It's about pea sized and visible. There is nothing similar behind my right ear.

I am also a dj and hearing in my left ear has become worse over the years. I don't know how that would correlate with my breast pain though.

Cancer?
Going Deaf?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sat May 14, 2005 3:09 pm

Hi! Check out with your doc to see if you have rubella or not. Breast pain can be a common symptom of benign breast disease but it is always safe to have your breasts clinically examined to rule out any underlying pathology.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us