Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Lump on the right side of my neck

katiemarie0302 - Sat May 28, 2005 2:49 pm

I have had a pea size hard lump under the skin on my neck for over 7 months. I was getting a message and the lady stated she could not work out the lump on my neck. She told me to see my doctor but I haven't gone. I really don't like going to the doctor that often anyway. It only hurts once and a while but I have had it for so long. I do get head aches and neck aches frequently but though I just needed to wear my glasses more. I am tired all of the time but have trouble getting to sleep. Please help I don't know what this lump is.

Thank you :roll:
 Michaelii - Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:32 pm

I KNOW. Going to the Dr sucks.

It is not at all a pleasant experience. Hardly ever.

BUT, you should. Not because what you mentioned sounds alarming, but because developing a 2 way relationship with a caring healthcare provider whom you can trust, and talk to is vital to anyone's long term survival.