Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lung Cancer

Question: Lung Nodules

teiten75 - Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:27 am

Are lung nodules quite common and have nothing to be too concerned about?

Thank You.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:37 pm

User avatar Commonly found on x-ray are granulomas, a result of pneumonia, bronchitis or TB, and are harmless. Did you have one on chest x-ray?
 teiten75 - Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:11 am

Thank You for the quick response. I had a chest X-ray done last week. My physician looked at it and said he couldn't see anything bad. The radiologist said he spotted something in question and requested I have an X-ray retaken with nipple markers to rule out shadowing. The results came back and they are still not for sure but want me to have a CT scan. It's ironic you mention bronchitus. I had a very bad infection late March, so I am hoping that is what may have caused this irregularity seen in the x-ray.

Thanks so much. I am going to be a nervous wreck until I see the results of the CT scan.