Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: Lower right abdominal pain, change in bowel movements

Crown - Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:05 am

Hi...I have been having lower, right abdominal pain for the last almost 2 months. I have also had a change in my bowel movements. I now change from D to C every couple of days. Today for example, I didn't have any bowel movement yesterday and today felt very full. I had a hard stool (very little) and then about 2 hours later, had an urgency to go and had one pushed out by gas. Once that was out, it was as though someone turned on the faucet. Total water. I have an ovarian cyst on my right ovary (diagnosed last Monday) but it is only 3/4 inch and the Dr. said it should be causing my pain. She wants to do a CT scan (barium enhanced) on Tuesday. What do you think the cause of these symptoms be? Is a CT scan necessary?
 Crown - Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:08 am

I should have mentioned that I have not seen any blood in my stool. My butt does itch sometimes (if that matters). I don't know.