Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump on my neck

kerjo1 - Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:57 am

About a year ago I noticed a pea sized lump on the right side of neck, about in the middle. I thought it was a pimple & squeezed it. The next day it was really swollen so I left it alone and it went back to pea size. Within the last couple of months I've noticed it got larger, maybe doubled in size. It doesn't hurt and I don't have any other lumps in areas where there are lymphnodes. A friend of mine whose girlfriend had Lymphoma freaked out when I told him and said I needed to go to the ER ASAP. He said when his girlfriend saw a doc, he said a lump on the neck is never a good thing especially when it doesn't hurt. I plan on getting it checked out, but don't think the ER is the answer. I don't believe in going unless something is broken or bleeding profusely. Any thoughts...
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:37 am

User avatar Hi kerjo1,
Have you had an evaluation by your physician? Lymph nodes in this area that increase in size over a period of time and are greater than 1 cm warrants an evaluation in which I hope you have had completed.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us