Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump on my neck

kerjo1 - Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:57 am

About a year ago I noticed a pea sized lump on the right side of neck, about in the middle. I thought it was a pimple & squeezed it. The next day it was really swollen so I left it alone and it went back to pea size. Within the last couple of months I've noticed it got larger, maybe doubled in size. It doesn't hurt and I don't have any other lumps in areas where there are lymphnodes. A friend of mine whose girlfriend had Lymphoma freaked out when I told him and said I needed to go to the ER ASAP. He said when his girlfriend saw a doc, he said a lump on the neck is never a good thing especially when it doesn't hurt. I plan on getting it checked out, but don't think the ER is the answer. I don't believe in going unless something is broken or bleeding profusely. Any thoughts...
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:37 am

User avatar Hi kerjo1,
Have you had an evaluation by your physician? Lymph nodes in this area that increase in size over a period of time and are greater than 1 cm warrants an evaluation in which I hope you have had completed.