Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: Help me. I'm scared

rayneonme - Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:00 am

I've had a small lump on the outside of the lip of my vagina for about 3 years now. Its rather unusual and about the size of a baby fingernail. In the last 4 months or so there are days when I can feel a larger lump underneath it. Today it has blown up to such a degree that it feels painful. Is this cancer? I'm scared. I'm only 23 and have never had any problems like this before.
 rayneonme - Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:43 am

Its getting bigger! Today it is the size of a golf ball. It feels like a solid lump. It is near the corner of my thigh, so it hurts when I sit down or walk. Everything rubs against it. I can't stop worrying about it and I am unlikely to see a doctor before next Tuesday. Help!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us