Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Arm Swelling and lymph node

hobbs - Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:47 pm

For about 6 months my left arm has been swollen, I am right handed and I have had no injury to the arm.

I went to my doctor and he had no clue what it was, but he suggested a mammogram and a lump was found in the left breast it was benign. The lymph nodes under the arm are swollen but can't be felt and only show up on a CT scan and show up on the mammogram the adrenal glands are also showing some swelling.

I have headaches almost every day, I am tired allot and there is allot of pain in the bones of the shoulder and collar bone, I always feel like I have a low grade fever and get hot or either cold sensitivity the arm swelling is not changing and the breast and neck have swelling as well.

I am not loosing weight and I am on Estadiiol 0.075 mg weekly patch.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned...? The doctor says the lymph nodes are not big enough to worry about but I am worried is there some thing I should do or some other test I should be asking for.
 hobbs - Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:35 pm

since I received no replys, so this must not me a big concern that I should worry about, I said screw it and stopped going back to the the doctor since they are all baffled.
 leerova - Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:27 am

I am not a doctor but i still think u should go and get reviewed.Some drugs can have side effects but u should still go n see ur doctor to at least make sure the lump has either reduced or dissapeared. n that there's nothing else to worry about.
Keep ur chin up and have a blessed day!