Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Pain in Left Teste

hockeyplayin89 - Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:03 pm

For the last few days I have had pain in my left teste. Not a sharp pain but when I walk it bothers me, small pain. When I touch it, like moving it around it hurts. It feels worse then "blue balls". The pain kind of streches up my pelvis. Not a pain but an uncomfortable feeling.

I am 15, I am sexually active but have not have sex in a few weeks. My girlfriend was a virgin and we always use a condom.

I have not been kicked there or anything. I have looked up "Testicular torsion" as that seems like what I have. I'm not sure.

Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:51 pm

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion.

Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

If trauma and infections are excluded then Testicular-scrotal- pain is more likely to be due to conditions like:
- Hernia: It Occurs when the local support tissues weaken, allowing loops of the bowel to slip from the abdomen into the groin. Usually, the pain and may be a bulge when standing upright, movement, or bearing down are present.

- It could be also Referred from the lower abdomen ,as any condition that results in congested pelvis or irritates the pelvic peritoneum may be felt on in the scrotum like: Appendicitis

- Spasm in the muscles due to spinal problems may be referred to the scrotum.

- Varicoceles are commonly seen on the left side than in the right due to different anatomic factors.

A direct physical examination is very essential.