Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Pain in Left Teste

hockeyplayin89 - Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:03 pm

For the last few days I have had pain in my left teste. Not a sharp pain but when I walk it bothers me, small pain. When I touch it, like moving it around it hurts. It feels worse then "blue balls". The pain kind of streches up my pelvis. Not a pain but an uncomfortable feeling.

I am 15, I am sexually active but have not have sex in a few weeks. My girlfriend was a virgin and we always use a condom.

I have not been kicked there or anything. I have looked up "Testicular torsion" as that seems like what I have. I'm not sure.

Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:51 pm

User avatar Hello,

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion.

Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

If trauma and infections are excluded then Testicular-scrotal- pain is more likely to be due to conditions like:
- Hernia: It Occurs when the local support tissues weaken, allowing loops of the bowel to slip from the abdomen into the groin. Usually, the pain and may be a bulge when standing upright, movement, or bearing down are present.

- It could be also Referred from the lower abdomen ,as any condition that results in congested pelvis or irritates the pelvic peritoneum may be felt on in the scrotum like: Appendicitis

- Spasm in the muscles due to spinal problems may be referred to the scrotum.

- Varicoceles are commonly seen on the left side than in the right due to different anatomic factors.

A direct physical examination is very essential.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us