Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Fall from Roof...

 Paxi - Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:24 pm

I jumped out a 2nd story window two days ago (well I actually slept walked out of it). A quick trip to the ER showed I had not fractured my one ankle (left) that looked bad. The other ankle (right) wasn't really assessed, and now it is especially sore. I am wondering if it is because I am using it more to take the weight off the other foot? Also, the right leg (calf) is very swollen and my quad is quite painful in certain areas. I have pain in specific areas of my torso and my hips and knees are very sore as well. Is this normal for high impact falls? Should I have my other leg xrayed or should I just ice and wait a bit?
 derek - Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:49 am

most certainly without a doubt I think you should have it X-Rayed and taken care of. I think you have a possible cominuted fracture. you should go quickly to see a doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us