Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Knucle dislocated or broken 2yrs ago

sam_spetton - Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:17 am

Hi, I did that stupid thing & got angry, punched a chair & now two years later I want to fix my right pinky finger knuckle which has been displaced. At the time I did it there was hardly any brusing although my right hand was swollen.

My question is can I get this simply crunched back into place? I assume they will want to take x-rays etc. My hand works fine although when I do some tasks I do have discomfort. One task is using a rolling pin on a ball of dough - placing my hands on top of the rolling pin (not using handles) & as I roll the pin over my bung knucle it hurts a bit & is really uncomfortable.

Is it worth getting this fixed? Can something go wrong trying to fix it? Is it brocken? How much will it cost (Australia)?

Sorry for all the questions & I really really apreciate your help. I don't have much money & that is why I am asking here - I can not afford the doctor consultation & the public hospital would most likely tell me to go away.

Thanks again - sam.
 sam_spetton - Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:51 pm

It's been a couple of weeks can anyone help me :(

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us