Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: neck and mid back pain

computertech25 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:09 pm

I am a 25 year old female, diadnosed with pulled muscle, my famther has osteoperosis and scoloisis (he is disabled with it now) taking Neproxen and or vicoprofen.

I have had back problem all my life. I fell in the shower last summer and I cracked my tail bone. I have been having serious pains since then. I can't ebnd much at all. When i try to sweep or vacuum I am in pain for days afterwards. I have a burning feeling at the base of my neck and a lump comes up. Then my mid back starts throbbing. It is between my sholder blades and a little lower. I cant sleep or do anything without the pain. I am afraid I am showing signs like my father. I am also having swelling in my left arm and hand. Sometime it is painful but not all the time. do I need to see a specialist? if so what kind?

My job involves alot of sitting and even that hurts.
Please help me with this I need some ideas
 computertech25 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:22 pm

I sometimes have sharp pains in m low back depending on what I have been doing. Like today I bent over to pick up some laundry and the pains started in my low back. it makes it hard to lay down or stand when I have this type of pain. sometimes have all three areas hurting at the same time and when that happens I cant do anything but take the pain meds and hope it knocks me out enough to sleep in the recliner.