Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/01/2017.

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: back pain w/ peralasis

frankiehall27 - Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:01 pm

Hello.I am 27 years old.let me start by telling you that I can remember the first time my back paralized me.I was about 16 years old.I was taking a bath and my mom was on the phone in another room.my back got a very sharp pain and then I could not move at all.I called out to my mom for help but she was so busy she didnt bother.I began to cry because I thought I was paralized forever.in about 2 minutes my back pain went away and I was fine.This happens once in a while but not often.usually it only lasts for about a minute or so,then I can moe again.what can cause this?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Dear frankiehall27,

There are multiple factors attributed to a sharp pain in the back, depending to its exact site, and radiation, if it hurts anywhere else. Do you have any positive medical history of any other diseases?

I advice you to do a MRI on your back to determine the exact cause,and exclude other causes so you can be managed appropriately.

Best regards,
 CandiR - Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:33 pm

I just started getting this pain a couple weeks ago. Just like you explained it. It is a horrible feeling! what have you found out about it because I go to the doctor for it saturday and I have no idea what it is!

thank you

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us