Medical Specialty >> Orthopedics

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: back pain w/ peralasis

frankiehall27 - Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:01 pm

Hello.I am 27 years old.let me start by telling you that I can remember the first time my back paralized me.I was about 16 years old.I was taking a bath and my mom was on the phone in another room.my back got a very sharp pain and then I could not move at all.I called out to my mom for help but she was so busy she didnt bother.I began to cry because I thought I was paralized forever.in about 2 minutes my back pain went away and I was fine.This happens once in a while but not often.usually it only lasts for about a minute or so,then I can moe again.what can cause this?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Dear frankiehall27,

There are multiple factors attributed to a sharp pain in the back, depending to its exact site, and radiation, if it hurts anywhere else. Do you have any positive medical history of any other diseases?

I advice you to do a MRI on your back to determine the exact cause,and exclude other causes so you can be managed appropriately.

CandiR - Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:33 pm

I just started getting this pain a couple weeks ago. Just like you explained it. It is a horrible feeling! what have you found out about it because I go to the doctor for it saturday and I have no idea what it is!

thank you